20 May 2011

2011 Practical Parenting in Common Sense: showing Responsibility

appple common sense equal moneyAbdicating our responsibility is number 1 epidemic disease in our human world.
Is it common sense to blame the table when you yourself walk into it and hurt yourself?
No, it isn’t.
So don’t teach your child to blame objects for pain they inflicted on themselves - by bumping into the table for instance. Do not teach your child to abdicate responsibility for his actions by blaming the table for it.
If your kid drops something, do not allow him to state: oh it dropped! No, your child dropped it, he did it – it didn’t drop out of itself.
Point out to your child: ‘no, it didn’t drop out of itself – you dropped it, didn’t you?’
Basic Common Sense.


Be gentle but firm when you point things out to your child. You can do self forgiveness with your child, out loud or do it for your child when it is refusing to or too small to speak.
Like: I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to blame the table for hurting myself by bumping into it, while it is not the table that did this but me by being in and of the mind and therefore I was not Here present in my body and reality.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to abdicate responsibility for the dropping of [object] by stating it dropped by itself – instead of realizing it is me that dropped the [object].
It is not to blame the child for abdicating responsibility or dropping the object, but to show it what is Here, what is real and to show, of course also by example, always, how to take responsibility for himself, his actions, his words.
So: I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to blame myself for dropping the [object] and to blame myself for blaming the [object]. And so on.
Have fun!
handtekening
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...