I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to participate in the duality of conditional-unconditional – instead of realizing Love is. I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to live the definition of love – the way the definition of love was taught to me. I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to mistake the love I perceived as love for Love. I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that what I learned to be love – is actually what I need to survive.
Definition of love - how I was taught by example & experience:
- There is a limit to how much love I am able to receive or give
- I must be a good girl to be qualified to receive love
- I am obligated to love my parents
- I am not allowed to say or think nasty things about my parents= not loving
- To love is to please (=being considered a good kid)
- Love is not given freely and in abundance
- I am obligated to love my sisters and other family
- Love is: being faithful = you should not love someone else as much or at all
- Love is being loyal - at all cost
- I am not supposed to love strangers
- I am not supposed to love for no reason
- To love someone is to hurt someone and getting hurt
- To love is to be dependent = token of love ‘I can’t live without you’
Definition of love – dictionary:
- A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
- A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
- Sexual passion.
- Sexual intercourse.
- A love affair.
- An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
- A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
New definition of love:
- Love is unconditional – otherwise it is not love, but conditions.
- There are no restrictions nor rules to how and whom to love.
- There is enough Love for everyone.
- Love is not restricted to a certain time; love is every minute of the day.
- Loyalty is not to be mistaken for Love: loyalty is restraining Love.
- Love does not harm nor does Love restrain expression.
- Love is not a reward – Love simply is.
- Love cannot be bought – it is free and abundant.
- Someone withholding his love, is not Loving.
- Love is not soothing – but can be like a wip: to do whatever is necessary to wake you up from dreaming.
- Love has always the best interest for all at heart – never mistake self-interest for Love.
- Sex is not Love – sex is a physical expression.
- Love does not choose: either love all or love is not.
- Love is; taking responsibility for who and what you are.
- Loving yourself = Loving your neighbour as yourself; otherwise it is not Love, but self-interest.
- Love is restraining yourself from harmful actions.
Self Corrective Statements